08 Jan How to prepare for AFCAT Exam
AFCAT Stands for air force common admission test which is conducted twice in a year somewhere in February and in September. Eligibility criteria is very much similar to the armed service selection parameters for different fields and as far as paper pattern is concerned there are 100 questions in total that concludes 300 marks exam in which there is multiple choice question format.
Recommended Books for AFCAT Exam:
- How to Prepare for AFCAT by Chandresh Agarwal.
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Agarwal,S. Chand Publishers
- AFCAT Air Force Common Admission Test for Flying and Technical Branch by Arihant Experts
- AFCAT Air Force Common Admission Test Exam for Flying and Technical Branch Guide by RPH Editorial Board, Ramesh Publishing House
And many more such text books that are specially written and preferred for AFCAT Exam.
- Candidate should know about the exam pattern and all the tentative dates which are required to attend exam.
- Last Year Papers play important role in preparing for entrance exam and one should practice them more and more as much they can to have exact idea of exam difficulty level and pattern.
- Accuracy and relevancy is must to crack AFCAT Exam and one should focus on the accuracy matter especially for aptitude.
- Candidate must remain up-to-date with the current events and occurrences, as if one knows then it is pretty good chance of scoring in general knowledge section.
- In English Section one should know about the factor of increasing vocabulary that is by reading English Newspaper or magazines which can help out a candidate to prepare from both the ends i.e. for current events and English.
- Through Practice one can boost their confidence like increasing difficulty level while practicing and similar pattern should be followed while attending exam as candidate should attempt first those questions that boost their confidence level.
- Pattern of interview must be known to candidate so that candidate remains familiar with pattern and can face it more confidently and with calmness as this is the success mantra for getting through interview in AFCAT.
- Overall personality development is one such factor that includes attitude of candidate, body language and communication skills is must from selection point of view.
These are some of the important aspects that candidate must focus to get through the selection process from written test till interview.