07 May How to Prepare for AFCAT Entrance Exams
How to Prepare for AFCAT Entrance Exams
Air Force Common Admission Test is also called AFCAT in short is very important test to select perfect candidates for Indian Air Force. There are many youths who dream to join Indian Air Force and they need to pass few steps including written test, interview process, screening and medical session. Men and women both are eligible to join in Flying Branch; ground duty officers are only for men.
AFCAT Entrance Exam’s Structure
AFCAT is a MCQ (multiple-choice questions) test for 300 marks, exam duration is 2 hours and candidates need to answer 100 questions. Therefore, there are three (3) marks for each correct answer. The written test includes Current affairs, English, Verbal and Numerical ability. After successfully finishing this test, candidates have to complete Interview and other processes.
No Doubt, students should be aware of total syllabus of the exam. Students should collect accurate knowledge of current affairs and general knowledge. It is important to read a national newspaper regularly; it will help students to collect latest information. Acquiring the proper time management skill is very important. Students can test time management ability in their house.
Preparing for the Written Test
- Be confident; do not lose confidence. It is the first step for preparation. You have to be mentally strong.
- Collect all essential information about your exam, carefully read the whole syllabus and fixed what you need to read now.
- Do not avoid a single section; be prepared for every section of the syllabus. Because of you do not know from where questions will come.
- Make sure that you have all AFCAT questions papers of last few years. Start reading those questions and you will get excellent idea about the exam.
- Be careful that you have the ability to answer properly and you can complete everything within the timeframe.
- Another good idea is preparing notes; revise them in a regular basis.
- English is important for your written and interview test. Read more, practice more to increase your skill.
- When attending in exam, make sure that you are going to answer the easiest questions first and then answer others.
- Pay attention to your writing, reading, speaking and body language. All these will be helpful for interview process.
- Be much careful about your personality development; this is the key to be a proud member of Indian Air Force.