01 Feb History Questions for NDA/CDS/AFCAT Aspirants
History Questions for NDA/CDS/AFCAT Aspirants
Q 1.With reference to the religious history of medieval India, the Sufi mystics were known to pursue which of the following practices?
1. Meditation and control of breath
2. Severe ascetic exercises in a lonely place
3. Recitation of holy songs to arouse a state of ecstasy in their audience
Select the correct answer using the codes given below :
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3
Q2. Consider the following Bhakti Saints:
2. Guru Nanak
Who among the above was/were preaching when the Lodi dynasty fell and Babur took over?
(a) 1 and 3
(b) 2 only
(c) 2 and 3
(d) 1 and 2
Q3. Ibadat Khana at Fatehpur Sikri was
1.the mosque for the use of Royal Family
2.Akbar’s private chamber prayer
3. the hall in which Akbar held discussions with scholars of various religions.
4. the room in which the nobles belonging to different religions gathered to discuss religious affairs.
Q4. In medieval India, the designations ‘Mahattara’ and ‘Pattakila’ were used for
1.. military officers
2. village headmen
3. specialists in Vedic rituals
4. chiefs of craft guilds
Q5. Who was the first Muslim President of Indian National Congress?
a) Badruddin Tyabji
b) Pherozeshah Mehta
c) Rahimtulla M. Sayani
d) Dinshaw Edulji Wacha
Q6. Who among the following died after falling in the game of Chaugan (Polo)?
a) Alauddin Khilji
b) Ghiyas ud din Balban
d) Qutbuddin Aibak
Q7. Who was the Guru of legendary musician Tansen?
a) Baiju Bawra
b) Haridasa Thakur
c) Haridhos Giri
d) Swami Haridas
Q8. Who among the following is depicted on his coins playing the ‘veena’?
a) Chandragupta I
c) Chandragupta II
d) Kumaragupta I
Q9. . Whose official history is ‘Padshahnama’?
d) Shah Jahan
Q10. Which animal is engraved on Harappan seals?
11. Indo Greeks were the first one to issue ________ in India.
a. Gold Coins
b. Silver Coins
c. Paper Notes
d. None of the above
12. Who built Purana Qila in Delhi?
b. Muhammed Ghazni
c. Shershah Suri
d. Ghiassuddin Tughlaq
13. Who was the first Muslim ruler to attack South India?
a. Muhammed Ghazni
b. Muhammed Bin kassim
c. Muhammed Ghori
d. Alauddin Khilji
14. During whose time period was the Iron Pillar in Delhi erected?
a) Chandragupta I
b) Chandragupta II
c) Kumaragupta I
15. Who founded the Vikramashila University?
16. Fawazil in the Sultanate period means
a. Extra payment made to the nobles
b. Revenue assigned in lieu of salary
c. Excess amount paid to the exchequer by the Iqtadars
d. Illegal exactions extracted from the peasants
17. Consider the following statements
1. In Third Battle of Panipat, Ahmed Shah Abdali defeated the Marathas.
2. In Second Battle of Panipat Akbar defeated Hemu.
3. In First Battle of Panipat Babur defeated Ibrahim Lodi.
Which of the above statements are true?
a. 1 and 3only
b. 2 and 3only
c. 1 and 2 only
d. 1, 2 and 3
18. The Mongols under Changiz Khan invaded India during reign of
b. Feroz Tuglaq
d. Muhammad bin Tughlaq
19. Consider the following statements
1. Avoidance of extremities of penance and enjoyment
2. Indifference to the authorities of the Vedas
3. Denial of efficacy of rituals
4. Non-injury to animal life
Which of the above were common to both Buddhism and Jainism?
a. 1, 2, 3 and 4
b. 2, 3 and 4
c. 1, 3 and 4
d. 1 and 2
20. The use of half-dome portal is the characteristic of which one of the following dynasties?
Q.21)Who among the following was the author of Tahqiq-i-Hind?
9. d d) Shah Jahan
The Padshahnama is a genre of works written as the official visual history of Mughal Emperor, Shah Jahanâ€™s reign. Most significant work of this genre was written by Abdul Hamid Lahori in two volumes.
15. b) Dharmatal
Vikramashila University was one of the two most important centres of Buddhist learning in India during the Pala empire, along with Nalanda University.
Fawazil was the excess amount paid to the exchequer by the Iqtadars in the Sultanate period.