Armed services career is like a dream for the youth who want to pursue after 12th standard and to make this dream career true. NDA exam happens twice in a year i.e. in April and somewhere in August, keep your eyes open for notification of exam. To crack NDA exam, one need to follow a perfect schedule of studies without missing it on any day or anytime and if anyhow you are not punctual towards your schedule of NDA exam studies then definitely you are lagging behind every moment.
One should understand the value of this exam if he wants to go for officer level in Indian Army. Structure of NDA Exam is as follows:
- Paper-1: Mathematics
- Paper-2 : General Ability
Syllabus for the concerned papers of NDA is mentioned below:
Paper-1 Mathematics: Algebra, Matrices and Determinants, Trigonometry, Analytical Geometry of two and three dimensions, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus and Differential Equations, Vector Algebra, Statistics and Probability.
Paper-2 General Ability:
Part A: English
Part B: Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Indian History, Freedom Movement in India, Civics, Geography, Current Events
Tips for preparation:
- As, all know well that the scheme of examination is same as the syllabus of 12th So make it boon for yourself, make schedule in specific manner that can make you prepare for both i.e. learn and revise daily.
- Don’t forbid the schedule of practicing for NDA exam, you can also follow coaching, tutorial, digital media, online classes but with dedication try to adapt perfection in each and every area of exam.
- Make yourself notes and important points with highlighting so that while revising you can have fast summary of what you studied earlier.
- Practice makes the man perfect, focus on this mantra while preparing and try to practice maximum you can.
- General Awareness, your second paper that you will face within next shift, prepare it by focusing on daily news, newspaper and also from book that is concerned with current affair because some or the other way there is something that you miss while reading or listening news.
- Don’t take the English section easy, prepare it hard as this section contains 200 marks and every point counts in the race of cracking entrance. Read English newspaper and practice jumbled words, sentences along with error finding sentences.
- Remember, you need to attain the difficulty parameters for exam which is very important along with preparation, so go and check for last year paper of NDA. This will definitely help you to know the pattern of exam and level you need to crack for standing at entry level in Army services.
- Always keep in mind that negative marking is one of the hurdles in case you do guess work in exam. So avoid this practice and go for what exactly you know related to the question asked in exam.
That’s all you need to do for your NDA exam. Not easy but also not impossible to do. Build self-determination in yourself and go for our aim you want to achieve. Best of Luck!!!!