Candidates who wish to join the Indian Armed Forces, have to clear the NDA or CDS examinations. Aspiring candidates can secure admission in some of the Best CDS Coaching institutes, as these institutes offer the best training, coaching, and latest study material required to ace the examination. The experienced trainers at the CDS Coaching centers will be guiding the candidates and help them achieve their goal of entering the Defence Sector.
The Best CDS Coaching Institutes have some of the most experienced faculty members for training sessions. The academy offers the best campus and infrastructure to the candidates. The focus is on discipline, communication, etiquettes, personality development, etc., which is essential for the students. The candidates who are interested in the CDSE/OTA examination can enrol in the academy to secure the best CDS coaching and NDA Coaching.
What is CDS/OTA exam?
CDSE/OTA – This is a written examination which is organized by the UPSC 2 times a year. The CDSE/OTA consists of three ifferent tests- English, Mathematics, and General Knowledge.
The eligibility criteria for candidates to apply for the CDSE/OTA are listed below. All the interested candidates must fulfil these criteria prior to applying for this examination.
- The candidate has to be an Indian national.
- Any candidate who belongs to Nepal, Bhutan and the Tibetan refugee, Burma, East African countries of Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi, Ethiopia, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Uganda, Zambia, Zaire and Vietnam can apply for this exam. (However, they have to fulfil the eligibility criteria laid down by the Govt. of India).
- The candidate has to be between the age range of 20 to 24 years.
- The candidate must be unmarried.
- For IMA, the candidate must be a Graduate or have an equivalent degree from a recognized University.
- For Naval Academy, the candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Science with the subjects Physics and Mathematics or, a Bachelor’s Degree in English.
- For Airforce Academy, the candidate should have a Graduation degree from a well-known University with the subjects Physics and Mathematics OR a Graduate degree in English.
- The candidate who is in the final year of their Bachelor’s degree is also eligible to apply for the exam (but they have to provide the proof of clearing the examination).
9.The candidates must be physically fit according to the standard of the Ministry of Defence.
NDA Academy offers the best CDS coaching along with NDA Coaching. We train our students according to the examination pattern that is set for the CDSE/OTA. The candidates must be aware of the pattern of the exam in order to prepare themselves well. The examination pattern is as under:
- The question paper has 3 sections- English, General Knowledge, and Mathematics for Naval Academy, Airforce Academy and IMA but the OTA question paper has just 2 sections- English and General Knowledge.
- The question paper will be having MCQ type questions.
- The examination will be for 2 hours.
- The question paper is available in Hindi as well as English except for the subject English.
- The candidates cannot use a calculator in the exam.
- There will be 300 marks in total allotted for the IMA, Airforce Academy, and Naval Academy, whereas the OTA total will have a total of 200 marks in the written examination.
The knowledge of the syllabus for the exam is very crucial in order to prepare well for the exam. NCA Academy provides the syllabus right at the beginning, before the coaching classes begin. We offer the best CDS coaching to aspiring candidates. Mentioned below is the syllabus for CDSE/OTA.
- Syllabus for English: It includes word meanings, comprehension, synonyms and antonyms, vocabulary, etc.
- Syllabus for General Knowledge: This area tests the candidates knowledge about current affairs. The candidates have to be updated with the current happenings around the country. It includes questions from Geography and History as well.
3. Syllabus for Mathematics: It covers a variety of topics related to Algebra, Arithmetic, Trigonometry, Mensuration, Geometry, and Statistics.
– Statistics will cover Histograms, Graphical representation, Pie charts, Collection and tabulation of statistical data, bar charts, Frequency polygons, Measures of tendency, etc.
– Arithmetic will cover Numbers, Ratio, Proportion, Integers, addition, division, Subtraction, Multiplication, Square Roots, Decimal fractions, Time, Distance and Work, Simple Interest, Percentage, Compound Interest, Division Algorithm, Prime and Composite Numbers, HCF & LCM, etc.
– Algebra will include HCF and LCM, quadratic equations, simple factors, Polynomials, Basic Operations, Linear equations, variables, Laws of Indices, etc.
– Geometry will cover Lines, Planes, Angles, Pane figures, Theorems etc.
– Trigonometry will include Sine X, Cosine X, Tangent X, simple identities of trigonometry, Values of Sin X, Cos X, tan X, etc.
– Mensuration includes Parallelograms, Circles, Triangles, Areas of squares and rectangles, lateral surface, Surface area, etc.
A candidate who has qualified the written exam of the CDSE/OTA, does not necessarily mean that he has secured an entry into the Defence Army. There are many stages that the candidates need to qualify to secure final entry. The stages of the selection procedure are as follows:
– CDSE/OTA written examination.
– Personal Interview.
– Verification of the candidates and their documents.
– Medical examination of the candidates who are shortlisted.