AFCAT Eligibility Criteria for Entrance Exam
Defence services are following many fields and generate vacancies for every field every year. The fields recommended under defence services are NDA, CDS, AFCAT, PABT and SSB interview. In this article we will discuss the eligibility criteria and details for AFCAT exam that an individual requires to appear in entrance exam. Very important thing to put emphasis on before applying for this exam is whether candidate is applicable to apply or not that is the eligibility criteria is fulfilled by the candidate or not. There are certain aspects that a candidate need to focus on while preparing for exam and that is discussed below in this article:
- Very first thing is that gender both male and female can apply for the AFCAT Exam.
- Indian Air Force conducts AFCAT exam and the sections included in this exam are divided as follows:
- Flying Branch
- Technical branch
- Ground Duty branch
- Eligibility Criteria for each Course:
- Flying Branch:
- Age limit: 20 to 24 years for both men and women.
- Educational qualification: Must be graduate in any discipline from recognized university or BE/B TECH degree with at least 60% of aggregate marks.
- Physical standards: 157.5 cms of height with correlated weight.
- Technical Branch:
- Age Limit: 20 to 26 years for both men and women.
- Educational qualification:
- Aeronautical Engineer (electronics): Candidate must possess four year of degree in the relevant stream of engineering from recognized university with the aggregate score of 60% in all semesters when put all together.
- Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical): Candidate must possess four year of degree in the relevant concern of engineering with 60% of aggregate.
- Ground Duty Branch:
- Age Limit: 20 to 26 years.
- Accounts: Graduate degree in B.Com or minimum 3 year degree course with minimum of 60% aggregate OR Post graduate degree in Commerce (M.Com/ICA/ICWA) with a minimum of 50% of aggregate.
- Administration and logistics: Graduation in any stream with minimum 3 year course from recognized university having 60% of minimum aggregate.
- Selection Procedure:
Candidates are required to login with their login details as obtained while filling form on official website of Indian Air Force (IAF) www.careerairforce.nic.in . It is advisable to look for the eligible criteria and also regarding the relevant documents that one should attain with himself or herself. Also, gather other details from the document file that is provided in website.
Note: Candidates who have failed the PABT (Pilot aptitude battery test) or the candidate who is suspended from flying training at air force is not eligible to apply again.
Applicants who are shortlisted shall be called on Air Force Selection Board (AFSB) at Dehradun, Mysore, Gandhinagar or Varanasi.